Posted By: admin on August 19, 2009 in - Comments: Comments Off
There are a number of ways you can help:
- Shop through Amazon’s non-profit program and select SU as your charity!
- Register your Kroger card here.
- Make a monetary donation.
- Donate household items to Flip’s Exchange: http://www.flips-exchange.com/ and designate the money from the sale to go to Streator Unlimited.
- Take your recyclable materials to Micheal’s Recycling and designate the money from the sale to go to Streator Unlimited.
- Use the charity program when you sell on Ebay: http://www.pages.ebay.com/help/sell/nonprofit.html to donate all or part of your sale to Streator Unlimited.
- Businesses/Employers: Call us when you have job openings. There are many reasons to hire people with disabilities: to gain motivated and dependable employees, fill hard-to-fill positions, support the local economy, and generate good will. Some employers also qualify for tax incentives by employing people with disabilities.
- Make an “in Kind” donation. Streator Unlimited accepts donations on behalf of people served. Particularly sought are activity and craft supplies, new toiletries, food and drink donations.
- Bring your white office paper for recycling.
- Volunteer. Do you have a talent or skill to share with our consumers? Would you like to help out with a fundraiser.
- Support and attend local fundraisers.
- “Like” us on Facebook.
- Come for a tour and get others to as well. It never fails that people are surprised when they see all the things we do. The people know us the better.
- Support the Streator Unlimited Foundation. It was established by a group of parents/supporters in 1996 to raise funds to make the lives of consumers at Streator Unlimited better. Each Year, 90% of interest income is given through a grant process. This is also a perfect way to make bequests.
- If you’re an eligible Thrivent Financial member and have Choice Dollars® available to direct, please keep us in mind. For more info or to direct Choice Dollars, call 800-847-4836 and say “Thrivent Choice.” Or click here.
- Contributions directed to Streator Unlimited, Incorporated are used to support day-to-day operations. Donations may also be restricted to a specific program or service. You can donate online here. Donations may also be mailed to:
Streator Unlimited, Inc.
PO Box 706
Streator, IL 61364